The Best Walnut Banana Bread Recipe
Walnuts are my favorite baking nuts (next to pecans in a pecan pie...) and I think they are great in banana bread. I also really like this recipe as it uses whole wheat flour. With the amount of banana bread I'm consuming with testing recipes for the site I can feel a bit better about adding a 'bit of health' where I'm able to.Ingredients
1/2 cup of butter
2 eggs beaten
1 cup of sugar
1 cup mashed ripe banana(2 to 3 medium)
1 cup whole wheat flour 1 cup all purpose flour 1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup hot water
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 325
- Melt the butter and add to suger in a large mixing bowl and blend in
- Add beaten eggs and bananas - blend until smooth
- Add both flours, salt and baking soda
- Stir in hot water and walnuts
- Place batter into two small loaf pans
- Bake 60 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes then remove from pan. Complete cooling on a wire rack.
Looking for other great recipes? Try our search:
Give This Recipe Search a Try!!Just enter in a few ingredients you might have on hand and Google will give you some recipes to try!